Secure and Reliable, Global Storage Network
The Nirvanix Storage Delivery Network™ (SDN) is a fully-managed, highly secure cloud storage service developed for today's enterprises. The SDN intelligently stores, delivers and processes storage requests in the best network location, providing the optimal user experience. The SDN is comprised of standards-based access to integrated services, all powered by Nirvanix's patent-pending proprietary technology and infrastructure.
Setting the standard for security in the cloud
At Nirvanix, the security and integrity of our customers' data and systems are our highest priority. Our Network Operation Control staff monitor the SDN 24/x7 and regularly test the network to ensure the highest levels of performance and protection. Nirvanix storage nodes are located globally in Tier III facilities that utilize financial-grade physical and biometric procedures to safeguard all access to the nodes and your data.
The Nirvanix infrastructure features built-in enhanced security capabilities such as SSL, strong password authentication, and de-identified physical file information that prevents linking files to users without a 3-step key. To strengthen access control even further, all access requests use token-based authentication with server-side session management, preventing manipulation, impersonation, compromise of data or login credentials.
Nirvanix utilizes rigorous control processes that have been audited and approved by a major auditing firm as well as the information security departments of multiple Fortune 50 enterprises. Moreover, Nirvanix has been awarded Statement on Auditing Standards No. 70 (SAS 70) Type II certification that verifies that our control processes are documented and have followed industry standard requirements for more than a year. We continually maintain our information security policy as well as monitor and test our network.
For highly secure transfers, Nirvanix users can encrypt and then transmit data via SSL. Existing data encryption processes can be kept on-premise or a 256-bit AES encryption client is offered as a reference application. In addition, CloudNAS® has integrated AES 256-bit encryption and SSL options. Key management is the users responsibility ensuring that only they can see the data in the unlikely event of a breach.
System Security Features
- 24x7 monitoring with mobile and e-mail alerts to system administration staff for all processes
- Automatic intrusion detection and monitoring
- SSL support for data to/from the SDN
- Robust encryption support for data uploads
- Strong password authentication
- De-identified physical file architecture requiring 3-step key to link files to users
- Token-based authentication with server-side session management
- Stringent enforcement of information security policy
Physical Security Features
- On-site security 24x7
- All doors, including cages, are secured with biometric hand geometry readers
- Kinetic locks on all closed cabinets
- CCTV digital camera coverage of the entire center with detailed surveillance and audit logs
- Bullet-resistant exterior walls
- Concrete bollards/planters as outer perimeter boundaries
- CCTV integrated with access control and alarm system